The safety of you and all other 5F users is of utmost importance to us. That’s why we incorporated several safety features into the app:
- One can “flag” someone else’s profile for inappropriate (rude, abusive, offensive, threatening, sexist, harassing, racial, etc.) content. We will then take appropriate actions.
- Only mutually connected users can chat within the app.
- Once mutually connected, one might realize the other person has other intentions than to find a sport buddy or acts inappropriately. In that case, one can simply “block” that other user so he/she can not message you anymore.
Unfortunately, there may be a few people who try to scam, cheat or otherwise harm others. Consider the following safety tips for a safe and enjoyable 5F experience.
Protect your personal data:
- Only share your phone number, email address or street address if you trust the other person.
- Don’t share any such details on your public 5F profile as this may become public information.
- Never share any bank information, credit card number or social security numbers.
- Do not respond to emails asking to confirm your username or password, those emails are fake and not from us. Notify us immediately if you received such an email so we can take appropriate measures and warn others.
Possible indications of a scammer:
- Questions about your street address to send a gift
- Multiple profiles with same or similar profile information but different names
- Requests to send them money for an emergency
- Requests to chat outside 5F only
Meeting someone new:
- Get to know the other person first through messaging
- Always let a friend know if you are meeting someone for the first time. Give them the time, location and duration of the meeting.
- Only meet in a public space, like a gym, outdoor track, etc. Don’t meet in a secluded area or at your place or the other person’s place.
- Decline getting a ride with the other person if you don’t know them.
Report any unusual and suspicious activities on 5F by contacting us through the contact form or alternatively through Twitter or Facebook. We hope you have a great experience on 5F.